Overnight oats is a hearty breakfast option, plus you can make it the night before, eat it hot or cold, and it looks pretty! This is my go-to overnight oats recipe. You can make it your own with different spices, fruit and nuts. Happy eating!
- ⅓ cup old-fashioned oats
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds
- 1 tablespoon nut butter (almond, etc.)
- ½ cup milk of choice for a very thick consistency, or up to ⅔ cup milk for a lighter consistency
- ½ cup fruit (I like fresh or frozen blueberries or sliced fresh strawberries)
- Drizzle of maple syrup or honey, if desired
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts, if desired
- In a jar or bowl (a 1-pint mason jar is perfect), combine the oats, cinnamon, flaxseeds and nut butter. Add the milk and stir to combine.
- Top with your fruit of choice. Stir to combine or leave the fruit on top. (If you’re using fruit that doesn’t store well, like sliced apple or banana, stir them into the oats or top with fruit right before eating).
- Place the lid on the jar and refrigerate overnight, or up to 5 days.
- When you’re ready to serve, add a drizzle of maple syrup or honey if you’d like, and sprinkle with some nuts. You can eat it cold or if you'd prefer warm oats, heat up in the microwave for about a minute.